PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
Offre publiée le 2023-01-26
A. Contributes to the successful implementation of activities under the Japan Biodiversity Fund :
- Supports and assists the Japan Biodiversity Fund team in the management, coordination and implementation of its activities.
- Conducts research and contributes to the preparation of reports, project documents and submissions to governments by providing information, preparing tables and drafting selected sections requiring some analysis and interpretation of subject matter.
- Assists in the preparation of information documents by compiling and analyzing technical information provided by Parties, in compliance with the Convention.
- Assists with capacity building activities of the Japan Biodiversity Fund for the implementation of the global biodiversity framework e.
g. requesting information, analyzing inputs, submitting surveys, questionnaires.
- Provides administrative and technical support to the Japan Biodiversity Fund team.
- Establishes internal databases; set up, files, stores and manages data and information relevant to the scope of programme / project activities.
- Takes lead in communication efforts for the Japan Biodiversity Fund team.
- Prepares newsletters related to the activities of the Japan Biodiversity Fund.
- Researches, compiles, analyses, summarizes, and presents basic information / data on wide range of programmes / projects and related topics, highlighting noteworthy issues / trends for consideration by appropriate parties.
- Proofreads and checks for accuracy and consistency of documents and letters.
- Supports recruitment processes.
- Updates and maintains the website for the Japan Biodiversity Fund.
- Prepares brochures, makes necessary preparations for the organization of side events and exhibitions.
- Prepares procurement plans, contracts, monitoring the implementation and payments including necessary procedures of UMOJA.
o) Provides guidance / training, as needed, to new staff.
B. Contributes to the organization and delivery of physical and on-line workshops, webinars and meetings focused on capacity building for the implementation of the Post-2020 global biodiversity framework :
- Drafts notifications for meetings, liaises with CBD National Focal points for nominations and communicates with nominated delegates for logistical matters as well as any preparatory work for the meetings.
- Identifies and liaises with host Governments, global, regional and national organizations, partners, resource persons as necessary.
- Liaises with hosts in preparation of events, host government agreements, coordinates field study visits and local experts and international resource persons to participate in the meetings as necessary.
- Responds to queries from nominees and CBD National Focal Points in regard to the meetings.
- Drafts statements and final meeting reports, ensuring UN documents standards and assists with the preparation of the provisional agendas and annotated agendas.
- Gathers and analyzes information provided by participants, including results and outcomes of the meeting.
- Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring activities and monitors implementation at different stages to ensure work is proceeding according to established plans.
- Organizes and maintains reference materials and background documents, including resolutions and decisions.
- Maintains record of expenses before and during workshops while working closely with administration on finalizing invoices.
- Services meetings and delivers presentations when and if required.
- Prepares background materials and documents to be used by participants as reference, during the meetings;
- Maintains a database of each meeting and generates lists of participants.
C. Contributes to the work of the Secretariat through collaboration with other CBD Programme Officers :
- Provides assistance for the organization of meetings and conferences.
- Prepares background materials pertaining to activities of the Secretariat.
- Provides support (research, translation, liaising with partners.
- Provides assistance at different phases of project initiatives and cross cutting issues.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs any other task as required.
PROFESSIONALISM : Shows pride in work and achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter.
Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
Remains calms in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
CLIENT ORIENTATION : Considers all those to whom services are provided to be clients and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING : Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments;
adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Completion of courses in environment, social or political sciences, business administration, environmental management or equivalent is desirable.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat.
Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and / or interview.
A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of sustainable development or environment related programmes, environmental law, public administration and environmental conventions is required.
Work experience within MEAs, within UNEP or similar international organizations is desirable.
Work experience in applying UN rules and regulations is desirable.
One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English is required.
Knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
NOTE : ''Fluency'' equals a rating of ''fluent'' in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ''Knowledge of'' equals a rating of ''confident'' in two of the four areas.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a substantive assessment which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
Appointment against this post is for an initial period of one year and may be subject to extension.
This position is subject to local recruitment pursuant to staff rule 4.4 of the United Nations Staff Rules. All staff in the General Service and related categories shall be recruited in the country or within commuting distance of each office, irrespective of their nationality and of the length of time they may have been in the country.
Applicants for General Service and related categories must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
The candidate is responsible for any travel and relocation expenses incurred to take-up the appointment. A staff member subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international recruitment.
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures.
Internal Applicants when completing the Candidate Profile form, ensure ALL fields, ALL professional experience and contact information are completed and up to date.
This information is the basis for the hiring manager to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position and to contact you.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50 / 50 gender balance and geographical diversity in its staff.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
At the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. The United Nations is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect.
The United Nations recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities.
Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
On-line applications will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received.
If the problem persists, please seek technical assistance through the Inspira "Contact Us" link.1 hour ago
Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir ajouter un emploi aux favoris
Connexion ou Créez un compte